Monday, September 3, 2012

The New York Clown-Theatre Festival 2012

[post 274]

After more than three months abroad, where work and travel left no time for blogging, I'm finally back in New York. With a whirlwind of physical comedy performance coming up this month, there should be a lot to report on.

First up is the seventh year of the Brick Theatre's admirably ambitious New York Clown-Theatre Festival, with performers and teachers from Finland, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, France, Wales, Ireland, Spain, Brooklyn and, yes, even the United States.


The sheer variety of styles and interpretations of clowning is impressive and should lead many a spectator to marvel "I didn't know you could do that!"

Instead of my listing all the shows and other events, I'll leave it to you to check out the festival web site here and their Facebook page here. But a few of my favorite pics from the program...










No comments: