Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Czech Robot Juggler

[post 166]


We interrupt this program of free and complete books about the commedia dell arte that you probably don't have time to read to present an emergency broadcast of a decidedly more modern diversion. Step right up and take a gander at the Robot Juggler, a product of the Czech Technical University's Department of Control Engineering (Prague). Yes, I did say robot. Thanks to Riley Kellogg for the link!

Here's our droid friend juggling three billiard balls:



Hmmm... I don't know about you, but I was taught not to hold my hands so high. But I do know what you're saying: "Sure he can do three, but can he do five?" Here's your answer.



Okay, this is interesting enough, perhaps even cool, but to impress me they'll have to invent a robot that can do comedy juggling. As the old saying goes, an onion can make you cry but there's no vegetable to make you laugh.

1 comment:

David Carlyon said...

"no vegetable to make you laugh"

I'm not so sure about that. Rutabaga is a funny word, and the things people do with those long, narrow, enticingly curved squash can be . . . humorous.