Monday, May 4, 2009

Zen & the Heart of Physical Comedy (Yale Theater, 1987)

[post 001]

This article with the overly-cute title, which I wrote for Yale's Theater magazine some 22 years ago at the behest of editor Joel Schechter, is still the best intro to where I'm coming from on the subject of physical comedy. This was about 11 years after I wrote Clowns, but this time around I had more fun with the writing and tried to make a wider range of connections between performance and the so-called real world. I still like the article, and I welcome your feedback on it.

[A Note on Using Scribd: think of Scribd as just another (free) file sharing service, the YouTube of text documents. I upload my .pdf to Scribd.com and then embed the code in my blog. You the reader can view it in the blog or download it and print it out. To download, click on More and then on Save Document. To view it at full-page rez within the blog, click on the icon on the far right; click there again to return to the blog. And if you open it in Scribd, there are even more options.]

No comments: